It is an ancient temple in which located three copper inscriptions, considered sacred by the temple adherents of the neighborhood settlements.
It is located on the southern foot of Bangli Hill on the North East of the town of Bangli, marvelously architectured with staired entrance. It is about 1,5 km from downtown of Bangli or 45 minutes drive from Teba Ubud Guest House. It can easily be reached by motor vehicle since the road is quite fine.
The first copper inscription of the three is assumed to be derived from the ninth century in which described the name : “Hyang Api, Hyang Kariman, Hyang Tanda” and some Budhist priest names.
The second inscription describes “Sang Senopati Kuturan” while the third describes : “Hyang Kehen” who reigned in 1204 known with other name : “Bhetara Guru Sri Adikunti Ketana“.
Viewing the data, a conclusions can be taken that “Hyang Api” (‘api‘ means fire) in the first inscription was changed in to “Hyang Kehen” in the third inscription whereas the word “Kehen” means “Stove” or “Fireplace”. So that, the conclusion taken, that the temple had been built in the ninth century and kept being the King’s concern.
– Parking lot
– Food and Beverage stalls
– Souvenir Kiosks
— “take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.., May It Be Without Error” —